The annual meeting that took place on July 27, 2026, organized by the organization called Unity Club Intwararumuri—headed by Jeannette Nyiramongi Kagame-featured discussions that brought together some Rwandan leaders and ordinary citizens. Among the high-profile invitees were President Paul Kagame, ACP August Kuradupagase, Gen Fred Ibingira, and Col (Rtd) Augustin Nshimiyimana 'Bora.'
Paul Kagame opened the meeting by wishing the guests successful discussions, and he urged them to adopt a culture of confession. He gave two examples, stating: “Personally, I am a Christian. I started when I was a child. I remember going into that tiny little window to confess my sins before the priest. I wondered what to tell the priest, and I got confused. Eventually, I decided to lie to him because it was necessary to say something, yet I couldn't find anything to confess. So I lied just to pass that test the priests used to give us...”
President Paul Kagame gave another example of how he continued to confess. Looking at this confession by President Kagame, an analyst might ask: what is his confession based on? Would his confession excuse the torturous crimes he commits against Rwandans and Congolese? Let us remind you that this same Paul Kagame is the one who openly said, "I regret why I did not exhaust all the anger I had on them." He was referring to the Rwandan refugees who fled in July 1994 to Congo.
ACP August Kuradupagase, a servant of Kagame, and his colleague Col (Rtd) Augustin Nshimiyimana 'Bora'—both former members of the Democratic Forces for the Liberation of Rwanda (FDLR)—were among those given the floor to address the invitees. These men bragged immensely about their achievements. This could be described as a form of self-exoneration. However, they did not confess, even though that was the guideline set by the king of trickery.
President Kagame added, “We now have the responsibility to say no. The history is ours, but this is not how we are supposed to be... Rwandans, we should have liberated ourselves.”
We might ask ourselves: how did the Rwandan Patriotic Front (RPF), as the party he leads, deviate from its original goals? As the head of state, does he see that Rwandans are still bound?
We might ask ourselves: how did the Rwandan Patriotic Front (RPF), as the party he leads, deviate from its original goals? As the head of state, does he see that Rwandans are still bound?
Therefore, these Unity Club discussions aim at nothing other than blinding people and drilling the ideology of Kagame's clique, using the tactics of confession to show that there is no ethnic problem in Rwanda, keeping Rwandans in pitch darkness, and using those who were in the FDLR (who are labeled as enemies), among other tactics. All while ignoring that the war he constantly wages in Congo uses the FDLR as a pretext.
All these guests, whether retired RDF soldiers or invited FDLR members, aim to praise their king and flatter him. What is clear is that these Hutu FDLR members were invited to be subjected to psychological torture (Moral Torture), and also to continue intimidating and silencing the Hutus using these figureheads brought from the FDLR. As for ACP August Kuradupagase, he thanks Paul Kagame for sending his child to study abroad as if it were an act of mercy shown to him. He forgets that if there were a government that served its citizens, sending children abroad would be the government's responsibility, specifically the Ministry of Education.
This partial acceptance and confession by Kagame is what keeps Rwanda in darkness and conflict among Rwandans. Fighting against this is a duty for everyone with all their might.
by
JD Mwiseneza
JD Mwiseneza

No comments:
Post a Comment